The Alliance of National Heritage Areas kicked off its 2017 Annual Meeting with a special group tour of the new Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. The tour was organized by Dr. Rolando Herts (Mississippi Delta NHA), Brandi Roberts (Great Basin NHA), and Sara Capen (Niagara Falls NHA), in collaboration with Smithsonian NMAAHC Ambassador Mossi Tull and the museum’s education division. Approximately 60 individuals participated in the tour, including Alliance members and supporters representing nearly 20 NHAs, along with representatives from the National Park Service and the National Parks Conservation Association. Staffers from the Office of Senator Roger Wicker (R-MS) also participated. The Alliance is among the first groups to receive a guided tour of the Smithsonian NMAAHC through the museum’s recently established docent program.
- Program Manager (Cleveland, MS)
- Yuma, Arizona to Host International Conference on Waterfront Planning
- RFP for National Historic Landmark Nomination (no specific location)
- CanalFEST Invites Revelers to Georgia’s Augusta Canal National Heritage Area
- Future Leaders Learn from Past at Abraham Lincoln National Heritage Area